We’re only two weeks away from the first Friday Night Lights of the 2017 Open season! We have a lot of fun planned for the next 5 weeks and hope this post will help answer some of those questions.
One of the changes for this year will be in the scoring for the intra gym competition. Points will be earned as follows:
- 1 point – for each person on your team who completes the WOD & submits a score for that week
- 3 points – for each person on your team who finishes in the top 3 (male RX/scaled, female RX/scaled) for the gym that week
- 5 points – to the team with the most team spirit
Another addition to this year’s events is that each week will have a new theme. The theme’s are as follows:
- February 24th – 5 Alarm Friday
- March 3rd – Mardi Gras Night
- March 10th – 80’s Night
- March 17th – St. Patrick’s Day
- March 24th – Superhero Night
So, now that you have an idea of how the points will be distributed and what the themes will be, let’s meet the teams!
Team Goat Bags
Wayne Geffon (Captain)
Henry Van Bogaert
The “A” Team
Amie Mouser (Captain)
Marky Mark’s Funky Bunch
Mark Johnson (Captain)
There’s even more fun in the works on top of what we’ve already listed! We’ll have massages from the talented staff at Revelations, head to head throw downs, & possibly some on site vendors. We will continue to update you with information as it becomes available.
For those of you who have yet to register, it’s not too late! You have until 7 pm on Monday 2/27 to get signed up. If you don’t want to register but still want to join in the fun, come on out to one or all of the Friday Night Lights events and cheer on your fellow 5 Alarm athletes. We can’t wait to see you all there!